Tuesday, November 25, 2008

(As a background to this blog: My family has a cottage up north at Torch Lake. My cousin's name is Max, and I have an aunt Holly, who is kind of an artist)

Date: Aug. 26, 2008
I was at the cottage, but it didn't look exactly like my cottage. The beach was huge and sand, not rocks and we had a giant deck going out over the water. The whole family was down at the beach, cousins, aunts, uncles, everybody. We were all having dinner together, grilling hotdogs, and roasting marshmallows. I wade into the lake about knee deep and just stand there. I eventually look down to see fish. There are never any fish at Torch Lake, so i get really excited. I run back up to the bonfire and grab a marshmallow skewer. I go back to the water and stab a fish. It was so easy. At one point i actually threw the skewer out about 10 feet and it flew back to me with a fish. Anyway, for some reason it was really important for me to get 5 fish. I couldn't stop until i got 5. I caught 2 right away and started a pile on the beach. The 3rd fish i caught was really weird looking though. It had really simplistic designs in primary colors all over it. It looked like it had been painted by somebody almost. I took it up to my aunt Holly to get her expert opinion, and she said it was a real fish, not painted, and that's just how it looked. I got excited so i ran back out to the water to try to catch more. By this time my whole family was out there trying to catch these special fish, but nobody else could. Only me. Then my cousin Max ran up to me and told me there was something i really needed to see. I ran after him and he led me beyond our tool shed about 2 miles to a valley. We looked down and there were these wild men. They had huts and fur clothes, and beards, and they were dirty, everything! They were really primitive. Max told me to be quiet so they didn't know we were there, but right as he said that I sneezed. The wild men looked up and saw us. They all started to chase us and we ran as fast as we could. I started to run back to the cottage, but half way there i realized I was leading them back to my family, but i didn't know where else to go. When i got back i was about to warn my family, but right before i could say anything i slipped on my pile of fish, fell and hit my head. Then I woke up.

No comments: